Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Daddy

Daddy, I know you're going to die tonight,

And I want you to know that it's ok to walk in to that light.
I'm going to miss you when you're gone,
And without you it's going to be almost impossible to go on.
But somehow I know that my time is not through,
Even if it means I'll be living my life without you.
I hope you know you were my hero in every way,
And I love you more than any words could ever say.
I've got to carry on, and I've got to stand strong,
Because you stayed strong for us for so long.
You are always going to be so precious to me,
And I hope I've grown up to be the kind of woman you wanted me to be.
It's already getting hard just to simply breathe in,
And I just don't even know where to begin.
Cause Daddy, I know you're going to die tonight,
And I want you to know I'm here to hold your hand and tell you it's gonna be alright.
Go on, walk into that light,
It's ok, you don't have to put up a fight.
I'm going to miss you when you're gone,
And without you it's going to be almost impossible for me to go on.
I'm here with you as you're near the end,
But even so, you'll remian my best friend.
Daddy I love you.
I already feel so lost without you.

This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment