Saturday, April 14, 2012

Falling A Thousand Feet


Falling A Thousand Feet
I live for your smile and I breathe for your touch,
I know I won’t get any sleep tonight because I miss you too much.
I long to see the light that shines in your eyes,
But for now I’ll settle for the millions of stars that fill the skies.
Now I’ll just close my eyes and drown out the world, so I can still hear your heart beat.
And when I close my eyes and drown out the world, I can feel myself falling a thousand feet.
I knew the moment I jumped into your arms that there was no turning back,
Within a split second I realized we were on the same track.
My heart skipped a beat, maybe even two,
And just then I knew that I’d never find another you.
So as I close my eyes and drown out the world, I can still hear your heart beat.
And while I close my eyes and drown out the world, I can still feel myself falling a thousand feet.
If this is just a dream, please don’t wake me, please don’t shake me,
I’d rather just keep dreaming in our new world that consists of you and me.
You hold my heart and soul in the palm of your hands,
I want you to keep it until time just stands.
You light up my life like a million city lights,
And one night without you feels like a billion lonely nights.
But right now, I’m holding on to the sound of your heart beat,
Just simply hoping I’m not the only one falling a thousand feet.

This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.

© Kattie Lindsay 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment