Saturday, April 14, 2012

If You're Listening


As long as you continue to live inside of me,
I won’t let you forget me,
No, I won’t let you forget me.
As long as I’m existing with a broken heart,
I won’t let you see me fall apart,
No, I won’t let you see me fall apart.
And as long as I have to bare this indelible tattoo,
I won’t stop writing about you,
No, I won’t stop writing about you.
So if you’re listening, I hope you understand how much this hurts.
I’ve wiped away a million tears trying to get over you,
And braved a thousand hurricanes just to get away from you.
But you, you’ve always been undeniably unattainable,
So impossibly, inexplicably, unattainable.
I was running from myself, never from you.
You were never close enough to grasp, just close enough to stay in view.
You took me, you shook me, you left me on my knees begging for more,
But in the end the only thing I have left of you are in boxes on my floor.
As long as you continue to live inside of me,
I won’t let you forget me,
No, I won’t let you forget me.
As long as I’m existing with a broken heart,
I won’t let you see me fall apart,
No, I won’t let you see me fall apart.
And as long as I have to bare this indelible tattoo,
I won’t stop writing about you,
No I won’t stop writing about you.
So if you’re listening, I hope you understand how much this hurts.
Here I am today to tell you about the holes you left in my soul,
And how I’d like you to give back the parts of me that you stole.
Please, just breathe back the life that used to live in this broken girl.
I know you’re listening now, and I hope you understand just how much this hurts.
I can go now, there’s nothing left to chase,
I don’t have any more steps left to retrace.
It’s gonna be a long and empty road,
But it’s off my mind, so I’m handing you this load.
As I let the pieces of you slowly die inside of me,
I know you won’t forget me,
No, I know you can’t forget me.
As long as you’re existing with a blackened heart,
I know you’ll soon fall apart,
Yeah, I know you’ll soon fall apart.
And as long as you continue to be so unattainable,
I know everything in front of you will undoubtedly be unobtainable.
But still, I won’t stop wondering about you.
And no, I won’t stop writing about you.
So while you’re listening, I hope you can feel just how much this still hurts.

This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment