Saturday, April 14, 2012

Louder Than A Bomb


You play me like a fiddle, you know?
You take it fast, and then you take it slow.
It’s an up and down, winding rollercoaster ride,
But regardless I still yearn for you to be by my side.
Your lies sound so pretty, I find them hard to resist,
And the only thing I find solace in is hoping some truth in them exists.
Why do you keep pulling me in so close and then pushing me away?
The rope you have around my soul is beginning to fray.
I don’t want to give you up, but I don’t know if my heart will let me stay.
Do you understand that the emptiness I see in your eyes speaks volumes?
And the words you keep inside are ringing out louder than a bomb.
Your pure silence is deafening to my ears,
But still I hold out hope for your voice after all of these years.
You play me like a puppet, I am at your will.
You pull me up, you pull me down, does it give you a cheap thrill?
These strings are worn and ready to break,
And I can’t promise that I’ll still be here when you wake.
Please just show me that you want me too,
And I’ll stand by you and do what it takes to get us through.
Cut these strings that you continue to use to manipulate my heart,
Let me love you without condition before this all falls apart.
Please don’t make me give up on you, give me one good reason to stay,
Breathe life into my soul once again before this rope completely frays.
Bring back that light in your eyes that speaks volumes to me,
Show me that light in your eyes that once reflected you and reflected me.
Speak the words you used to mean, the ones that always rang out louder than a bomb.
Because I can’t stand your silence anymore, it’s deafening to my ears.
I’m still holding out hope to hear your true voice, even after these seven painful years.
Show me you.
Show me your love.
Tell me I’m not foolish for holding on to you.
Take me in your arms and let our love ring out louder than a bomb.
Let our love spark.
Let our love ignite.
Let our love blast,
Because you and I both know it can once again ring louder than a bomb.

This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment