Saturday, March 9, 2013

Eyes So Green

Eyes So Green

Sweet little angel, eyes so green, lips so red--you're my Sara. 
You look so beautiful even through your bleeding mascara. 
Come cry here, bleed your tears full of sorrow, don't run and hide and push me away. 
I know you're secretly sick of fighting and it sounds so cliche to even say.
As the pain begins to numb you shut your eyes,
Painfully remembering those regretful goodbyes. 
I don't think you ever meant to cause all of this pain. 
And I know an apology stings your heart and drives you insane. 
The razor dulls the pain, but only for a moment; And all this unpredictability takes you by surprise. 
You're left wondering why you even try.
No one knows your true heart, but if they did they'd know you're amazing--that at one time you were my only savior. 
Sara, I love you, even though you continue to kill me with your destructive behavior. 
Your love was kind; and sometimes your love was blind. 
I wish we could forget this and leave it all behind. 
Do you still think it was worth it to throw everything away?
Please hold your breath if you've got anything more hurtful to say. 
My heart just can't handle anything more. 
Please stop and listen before you permanently close that door. 
I still think you're beautiful with your bleeding mascara. 
In my heart you'll always be my angel--with your eyes so green, and your lips so red. 
You're still my person, my soulmate even after all the unforgivable words you've said. 
Lips so red, eyes so green, they still shine through your bleeding mascara. 
Time and circumstance has changed so much, but I'll never stop loving you--you'll always be my Sara.

This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment