A voice from the past that won't stop haunting me, A
tinge in my heart that won't stop taunting me.
It's an infinity circle, there's never an end, Just when
it's about to break, you fly in and stop the bend.
Your hellos are so sweet, and your goodbyes are so
bitter.
But you stay stuck on me like last-night's glitter.
You never come off, no matter how hard I try to wash you
away.
You're like listening to The White Album, I can't do
anything but let the record play.
You're my ghost, my ghost for tonight.
You're here for now, but you'll soon disappear come day
light.
Love me and leave me,
Want me but don't need me.
It's love, it's hate.
It's catastrophically fate.
If a wish were really a wish, I'd wish you away.
If you weren't so damn good, I wouldn't keep letting this
record play.
A hunger that comes from deep within the core of me, A
faith so strong, not even God could shake me.
You're at the center in all that I am, all that I've
become.
You've captured my soul, when I don't feel you all I feel
is numb.
Your love is so sweet but your hate is so bitter.
No matter how hard I try to wash you away, you stay stuck
on me like last-night's glitter.
If I could, I would rinse you all away.
If you weren't so god damn good, I'd push stop--but
instead I let this record play.
So baby play on, play on.
I am at your will, faithfully your pawn.
Play on.
Play on.
I'll love you with every ounce within me tonight, I'll
save my tears for the morning--when my eyes meet day light.
Before I know it, you'll be gone.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps, play on.
Oh play on.
This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016
This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment