So, I just read Celebrity Detox by Rosie O’Donnell. What a waste of paper. I mean really? I found this book in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble. It was $4.95, so “What the hell?” I thought. I am into celebrity gossip. I can’t help it. So after I read the back of the book, I was like “Oh this will be good, I wanna know what really happened on The View!”
Well, basically to make this whole story short… and not lead you on for 200 pages for nothing, THIS is basically the whole point of the book: Rosie O’Donnell is a lesbian. She loves Barbra Streisand. She spends her time gluing things together in her craft room for hours on end. She is obsessed with Broadway shows and tunes. She is a Mother to 4 children, and seems to be a good mother. Blah. Blah. Blah.
So what the hell happened on The View between her and Elisabeth Hasselback?! Well, I couldn’t tell you because there is nothing in the book about it. She ends the book with a blog she had written, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! All she does is talk about her mother, and the fact that she died when Rosie was 10. Yes, that is sad, horrible even. But, I know I did not buy the book to read about that. I don’t think anyone else did either. False goddamn advertisement I say!
Now I have nothing against Rosie O’Donnell as a person. But in this book all she does is bitch about being a celebrity, and how much it sucks, and how she hates money. I find her so hypocritical and contradicting. If she hates fame so much, why does she keep putting herself out there? Making stupid comments on air, knowing damn good and well it’s going to get her MORE publicity that she clams to so “hate”. If you hate something that much, wouldn’t you do the complete opposite? For instance, I hate seafood. So I avoid eating it. Well, ok maybe that is a ridiculous comparison, but you get my point though, right? It’s like the ex that you despise. You don’t call them at 3 a.m. and confess your unrequited love for them and then hang up the phone and turn around and claim to still hate him. (Unless you have some serious denial issues, if so seek help immediately…)
I just don’t get it. Maybe I’m not even bitching about the fact that Rosie O’Donnell wrote a shit book, that was a complete waste of paper and my $4.95—which I paid for in quarters and dimes. Hell it wasn’t even worth the time it took to count out the money to pay for the book! Maybe I am pissed off at people that are so hypocritical and constantly contradicting themselves. Please people, make up your mind. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
I guess that was my intention of this blog. Well I have two of them. 1.) DO NOT buy, borrow, or read Celebrity Detox unless, you want to hear Rosie O’Donnell bitch and moan about being a celebrity, how much she hates the money she has, and how much she just loooves Barbra Streisand. And 2.) Don’t be a hypocrite. Stop contradicting yourself and the things you believe in.
Well, basically to make this whole story short… and not lead you on for 200 pages for nothing, THIS is basically the whole point of the book: Rosie O’Donnell is a lesbian. She loves Barbra Streisand. She spends her time gluing things together in her craft room for hours on end. She is obsessed with Broadway shows and tunes. She is a Mother to 4 children, and seems to be a good mother. Blah. Blah. Blah.
So what the hell happened on The View between her and Elisabeth Hasselback?! Well, I couldn’t tell you because there is nothing in the book about it. She ends the book with a blog she had written, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! All she does is talk about her mother, and the fact that she died when Rosie was 10. Yes, that is sad, horrible even. But, I know I did not buy the book to read about that. I don’t think anyone else did either. False goddamn advertisement I say!
Now I have nothing against Rosie O’Donnell as a person. But in this book all she does is bitch about being a celebrity, and how much it sucks, and how she hates money. I find her so hypocritical and contradicting. If she hates fame so much, why does she keep putting herself out there? Making stupid comments on air, knowing damn good and well it’s going to get her MORE publicity that she clams to so “hate”. If you hate something that much, wouldn’t you do the complete opposite? For instance, I hate seafood. So I avoid eating it. Well, ok maybe that is a ridiculous comparison, but you get my point though, right? It’s like the ex that you despise. You don’t call them at 3 a.m. and confess your unrequited love for them and then hang up the phone and turn around and claim to still hate him. (Unless you have some serious denial issues, if so seek help immediately…)
I just don’t get it. Maybe I’m not even bitching about the fact that Rosie O’Donnell wrote a shit book, that was a complete waste of paper and my $4.95—which I paid for in quarters and dimes. Hell it wasn’t even worth the time it took to count out the money to pay for the book! Maybe I am pissed off at people that are so hypocritical and constantly contradicting themselves. Please people, make up your mind. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
I guess that was my intention of this blog. Well I have two of them. 1.) DO NOT buy, borrow, or read Celebrity Detox unless, you want to hear Rosie O’Donnell bitch and moan about being a celebrity, how much she hates the money she has, and how much she just loooves Barbra Streisand. And 2.) Don’t be a hypocrite. Stop contradicting yourself and the things you believe in.
No comments:
Post a Comment