Weeping willows and acoustic guitar riffs,
Paper airplanes and imaginary sentimental gifts,
Kisses in the rain and old coffee at midnight,
Smoke rings and dreams of a dress in white.
All of these things have a way of making my heart weak,
And the way they fit together makes them so unique.
So I’m going to smile, because I deserve to.
I’m going to miss you, because I need to.
At night he amazes me,
Until the sun comes up and I realize he’s left me.
God it makes me feel so weak,
I forget how to speak.
I can’t explain it,
All I know is I feel it.
Snowflakes and static shocks,
Whispers in the dark and beeping alarm clocks,
Sweet Pea and candle light,
Secret notes and staying up all night.
All of these things are forever memories of you,
And no one else could make them mean something the way that you do.
So I’m going to cry, because I have to.
I’m going to miss you, because I need to.
But still, I’m going to smile, because I deserve to.
I amaze myself at night,
Because when the sun comes up I know I’m still alright.
And sometimes I still feel weak,
But I’ve finally learned how to speak.
I still can’t explain it,
All I know is I feel it.
So as I write this down one last time,
I’ll make it pretty and make it rhyme.
Just know I understand that you can’t help how you don’t feel,
But no matter what I’m still going to tell myself what we had was real.
And I still believe it was all worth my while.
So even if it kills me, I’m going to smile.
This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016
Paper airplanes and imaginary sentimental gifts,
Kisses in the rain and old coffee at midnight,
Smoke rings and dreams of a dress in white.
All of these things have a way of making my heart weak,
And the way they fit together makes them so unique.
So I’m going to smile, because I deserve to.
I’m going to miss you, because I need to.
At night he amazes me,
Until the sun comes up and I realize he’s left me.
God it makes me feel so weak,
I forget how to speak.
I can’t explain it,
All I know is I feel it.
Snowflakes and static shocks,
Whispers in the dark and beeping alarm clocks,
Sweet Pea and candle light,
Secret notes and staying up all night.
All of these things are forever memories of you,
And no one else could make them mean something the way that you do.
So I’m going to cry, because I have to.
I’m going to miss you, because I need to.
But still, I’m going to smile, because I deserve to.
I amaze myself at night,
Because when the sun comes up I know I’m still alright.
And sometimes I still feel weak,
But I’ve finally learned how to speak.
I still can’t explain it,
All I know is I feel it.
So as I write this down one last time,
I’ll make it pretty and make it rhyme.
Just know I understand that you can’t help how you don’t feel,
But no matter what I’m still going to tell myself what we had was real.
And I still believe it was all worth my while.
So even if it kills me, I’m going to smile.
This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.
© Kattie Lindsay 2016
This is so heart felt, so beautiful. it takes alot of courage to post something like this for the world to see! Your smile should never leave your face!
ReplyDelete