Sunday, April 19, 2015

Dancing With Your Ghost Again

Dancing With Your Ghost Again 

I'm sorry I'm calling so late, I hope you can't tell that I've been drinking again...
I've been up way too long just daydreaming and dancing with your ghost again.
I chase your shadows around the room, I chase them down the halls,
You're everywhere I go, everywhere I turn; it's just you and me stuck between these four walls.
So I'm sorry if I'm breathless, but it's because of you.
You see it's not easy trying to catch up to you,
And it's even harder trying to forget you.
So I know I sound delirious, but baby it's all because of you.
I'm sorry if I'm not saying much, I really just wanted to hear your sleepy voice and  the sound of your sigh,
The sound of you breathing on the other end of the line is just what I needed tonight to simply get by.
I've got our favorite record playing on 
repeat,

And in my mind we're wrapped up together in your rose petal stained sheets.
I'm sorry if I sound so breathless, I just can get enough of you.
You know it's never been easy to keep a hold on you,
And it's always been impossible to truly let go of you. 
I know you can hear that I'm restless--it ain't got nothing to do with the Jack--it's simply because of you.
I know you said that you don't dance,
You don't do flowers, hearts and romance...
But tonight your ghost is giving me his all,
And you don't even know it as you sit on the other end of this call.
I can't sleep and it's because of you.
I can't catch my breath and it's because of you.
I'm restless and it's because of you.
I'm breathless and it's because of you.
I'm sorry that I woke you at this time of night, you know I let this poison get the best of me again...
I just thought you should know that I've been up way too long... And I'm dancing with your ghost again.

This intellectual property belongs to Kattie Lindsay. Do not copy, replicate, change this, or claim it as your own. You’re welcome to share this if proper writing credit is given upon doing so.

© Kattie Lindsay 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment